Lead Software Engineer
M3 is a global and diversified technology company that is ranked by Forbes as one of the top 5 fastest growing innovative companies in the world in 2018. Through our award-winning website, MDLinx.com, we provide healthcare professionals with the clinical education, training, research, and career opportunities they need to succeed. Our mission is to reduce healthcare costs and improve the quality of healthcare delivered worldwide.
Founded nearly 20 years ago, M3 now operates in over 10 countries and has grown to more than 4,000 employees globally and is publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE). Due to growth and expansion, we are hiring for a Lead Software Engineer to spearhead ground-up new development on our physician-facing digital product offerings.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving M3 USA’s digital products and services that help to inform and educate busy physicians. You will work as a member of a small, Agile team to maintain and enhance existing systems and lead efforts in developing a new version of MDLinx.com using a modern, OSS-based technology stack and modern web technologies.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and driven software engineer to make an immediate and lasting impact on the design and functionality of a diverse web product portfolio at M3 that will significantly drive the business.
- Design and develop software services across multiple platforms for doctors and other healthcare professionals
- Work on a cross-functional team that includes software engineers, designers, and product staff to develop an improved user experience and achieve product objectives
- Develop APIs and API clients to connect front-end, back-end, and 3rd party web services
- Perform code reviews for junior developers
- Understand business objectives and user needs and actively work to improve the effectiveness and usability of our products
- Understand and develop new features and functionality for existing legacy systems
- Write unit, functional, and end-to-end tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of industry experience
- 8+ years developing production web applications with at least 1 year as a lead developer
- 3+ years developing front-end web applications using React
- Expertise in utilizing front-end web protocols and technologies (HTTP, HTML, CSS, etc)
- Expertise in server-side web development
- Experienced in development using RESTful APIs. GraphQL is desirable.
- Strong SQL skills and RDBMS knowledge
- Effective written and verbal communicator and team-oriented contributor
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with cloud IaaS platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Experience using a large-scale CMS tool
- Agile development experience
A career opportunity with M3 USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Days