Senior Desktop Support Specialist
M3 is ranked by Forbes as one of the top 5 fastest growing innovative companies in the world in 2018. We are a global and diversified technology company focused on empowering healthcare professionals, and through our award-winning website, MDLinx.com, we provide them with the clinical education, training, research, and career opportunities they need to succeed. M3’s mission is to reduce healthcare costs while creating efficiencies and improving the quality of healthcare worldwide.
Founded nearly 20 years ago, M3 operates in over 10 countries and has grown to more than 4,000 employees globally. Through organic growth and acquisitions, M3 revenues in the US have doubled to over $100M since 2014, and worldwide revenues have quadrupled to over $1B since 2012. Due to this rapid growth, we are expanding our information technology department and are seeking an experienced Desktop Support Specialist to join our team in the Philadelphia area.
The Desktop Support Specialist provides IT software, hardware, and network support for all M3 employees by diagnosing user issues and guiding them through step-by step solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner
- Provide one-on-one end-user training as needed
- Manage the support queue for the help desk
- Properly assign and route tickets to other departments queue’s, providing detailed documentation when escalating or routing tickets
- Escalate more complex technical issues as needed
- Troubleshoot network printer problems
- Troubleshoot end user hardware and software
- Conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and upkeep.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong customer service skills; answering client and employee calls; prompt return and follow up to all interactions; prompt response to requests for informatio
- Monitor incoming Support Center queue
- Multitask and organize large amounts of documentation and emails
- Effective communication with customers and teammates
- Thorough documentation of each user issue within the ticketing system
- Associate's degree and A+ Certification preferred
- 3+ years of desktop support experience required
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS
- Strong remote support skills and familiarity resolving user issues using a ticketing system (we use JIRA)
- Desktop support experience with MS Office, A/V clients, Browsers, Adobe, Office 365 Email
- Strong experience with file sharing and access permissions.
- Level 1 Network Support experience and an understanding of DNS, DHCP and commands/utilities such as ping, tracert, nslookup, robocopy, cell phone email apps, Active Sync for Droid, iPhone, set up and troubleshooting
- Hardware break fix experience and an understanding of VPN clients and site-to-site VPN’s.
- Familiarity with Active Directory--account and group creation and editing GPO Settings.
- Mac experience is a plus
- Requires strong organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and function as a successful and participating team member
- Must be detail oriented and able to work on multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and critical thinking and logical problem resolution is key
- This position requires a rotating on-call component for 24/7 availability.
A career opportunity with M3 USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Days