Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
M3 is a global and diversified technology company that is ranked by Forbes as one of the top 5 fastest growing innovative companies in the world in 2018. Through our award-winning website, MDLinx.com, we provide healthcare professionals with the clinical education, training, research, and career opportunities they need to succeed. Our mission is to reduce healthcare costs and improve the quality of healthcare delivered worldwide.
Founded nearly 20 years ago, M3 now operates in over 10 countries and has grown to more than 4,000 employees globally and is publicly traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE). Due to growth and expansion, we are hiring a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to spearhead the migration of our on-premise servers to the cloud (AWS) and take the lead in the automation and containerization of our infrastructure using tools like Docker and Terraform.
While primarily focused on design, implementation, and continuous improvement of our production systems, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will also show leadership in supporting and improving internal use servers and networks and assist IT support in resolving escalated employee or customer support requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement the cloud-based infrastructure for our mission-critical services, utilizing technologies such as containers (Docker) and infrastructure-as-code with Terraform to make it easy to audit and review production changes and reliably recreate infrastructure from bare metal as needed
- Monitor production systems with a focus on delivering a high quality of service meeting clear service level objectives (in terms of availability, security, performance / latency, correctness, backup/recovery time, durability, MTFR, MTTR, etc.)
- Receive alerts about abnormal system states and lead the troubleshooting and resolution of incidents with production systems 24/7
- Lead the proactive analysis of resource usage and propose, plan, and execute projects to adjust resource capacity, monitoring systems, and deployed infrastructure to better meet business needs
- Document and review production infrastructure-related procedures and processes, for both routine tasks and emergency cases (write and review runbooks)
- Lead post-mortems of system incidents and report to management and staff about root causes and remediation plans
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead technical projects to improve internal IT services and related infrastructure
- As necessary, go to datacenters to assist with tasks relating to physically deployed hardware
- Document and review IT support procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of extensive and recent experience with Linux Server administration
- Extensive experience with AWS EC2 and other services. Migration experience is a plus.
- Expert in VMware administration
- Strong experience with application containerization (Docker preferred). Container orchestration experience (i.e. AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm) also desirable.
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure automation technologies such as Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Ability to write clean, well-structured scripts to automate routine infrastructure tasks. Thorough understanding of the web application layer is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and detail-oriented worked
- Ability to function well independently and as part of a small team
- Hands-on Windows Server administration and Active Directory experience
- Experience building out monitoring using open source solutions such as Prometheus, ELK, or similar
- Experience with network support and administration (Routing, Switching, VOIP, Wireless, etc). Virtual PBX experience is a plus.
A career opportunity with M3 USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Days