The mission of the account manager is to engage the client, bid effectively, and efficiently to win our share of RFPs in the traditional market research space. This is an ideal role for someone with market research experience looking to transition into sales.
Working remotely will only be considered for those with a solid market research background.
- Own the bidding process for projects including full understanding of project costs and feasibility
- Support maintenance of existing business by managing contracts and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- Actively network within existing client contacts for any new business/prospects
- Organize client and internal kick off calls, develop insightful proposals, and deliver strategic sales communications
- Consult with clients on sample design and business issues - recognize the need to adapt a product or research approach to meet the client need and work with appropriate internal resources and partners to develop and design the appropriate solution.
- Provide superior customer service by working with Project Managers and Research Managers to execute project specifications and deliver quality results to clients; ensure that all internal team members understand the research design and anticipated outcomes
- Diplomatically respond to difficult or unusual client issues and professionally influence the appropriate internal resources to effectuate outcome and/or elevate issues for resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Business development experience in market research or a services industry preferred
- Market research industry experience is required for those without a sales background.
- A solid market research background is required to be considered for a remote opportunity
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize requests
- Solid relationship building skills
- Effective communicator (very comfortable on the phone and communicating with others)
- Time management skills
- Problem solver (seeks answers and resolutions)
- Strong self-discipline & organizational habits
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective use of Excel
A career opportunity with M3 USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Days